Thursday, November 08, 2007

Moped Around the House


After spending a summer working on a 1980 Vespa Grande moped, I relented and bought a 2005 Tomos Arrow moped to ride until I actually succeed in getting the Vespa running. The Tomos, although a 2005, is new, so I've spent the last week breaking in the engine, riding it daily back and forth to my job at Nashoba Regional High School in Bolton. That's about 20 miles each way by Route 70 north and 110 East.


Never having ridden a moped before, I can only compare it to a bike. The Tomos handles a lot better than a bike, as it has big, fat scooter tires and shocks front and back. It has been damned cold, too, and unlike pedaling a bike, riding a moped doesn't warm you up. The full-face helmet helps, though.


The best part was riding into a gas station and filling up with $2.00 of gas. Every time I take the moped instead of the car to work, I save about five bucks. Now I just need to find some fellow riders in Worcester so I can start a moped gang.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home